Please read this policy to understand how your personal information is collected and used. We will process any personal data you provide in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This statement sets out our current policy, but these may be subject to change in the future, so please recheck on occasion if you are concerned.
- Information collected. General visitor information, such as IP (Internet Protocol) address, and statistics such as which pages are accessed and when (which is not linked to personally identifiable information). Currently this information is provided to us via our ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- Personal information such as name, email and/or postal address. Such information is collected only when you contact us using any of the email links to staff members provided on the site, or the information request form. The nature of information requests, and any survey information volunteered may also be collected via this (or other forms) in the future.
The information collected is used for following purposes only.
- To help us understand how our site is being used to inform site content and help reach our target audience.
- To send information requested by individuals, by email, post or telephone.
- Information may also be used for market research purposes, such as checking the effectiveness of our communications.
Disclosure of information to third parties
The Abbeyfield Loughborough Society won’t disclose any of your personally identifiable information to any party outside the Abbeyfield Loughborough Society,except in one of the following circumstances:
- When we have your permission to do so.
- When it is required by law.
We can’t guarantee that data transmitted over the internet is completely secure. The Abbeyfield Loughborough Society are committed to protecting the privacy of your information, but we can’t guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, therefore you do so at your own risk.
Data Protection Act 1998 The Abbeyfield Loughborough Society is registered with the Information Commissioner under the Act, registration number ZA020604.
At Abbeyfield we are committed to protecting your privacy online.
The law about cookies changed in May 2011 and states that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of our website but that for all others we need your permission to do so. Some cookies on our website are essential, and the site will not work as expected without them.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that websites put on your computer so the site can remember who you are. They contain a unique, but anonymous, identifier, which is usually a string of letters or numbers.
Different types of cookies?
Functional cookies- These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. For example, these cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.
Session cookies- We use these to keep track of your movement from page to page, so you don’t get asked for the same information that you have already given to our site and are automatically deleted from your computer when you leave our website or shortly afterwards.
Analytical/performance cookies- They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not personally identify any individual user. These are usually third party cookies, which we use to deliver a better user experience.
Do I have to consent to cookies?
Contact about cookies
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information and cookies in general, please contact our General Manager on [email protected]ldloughborough.co.uk.